You will need:
What to do:
We recommend that you use 60g of coarsely ground coffee to every litre of water.
To work out how much water your french press can hold, place it on the scales and weigh it. Note: 1 gram of water = 1 millilitre.
- Weigh out the coffee you need and grind it to a coarse texture (quite big). Add the coffee grinds to the press.
- Boil the kettle and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes (ideally to around 94 degrees)
- Place the french press on the scales and reset the scales.
- Pour the water over the coffee, trying to evenly saturate the grounds.
- Pour the required weight of water over the coffee
- Wait for 1 minute while the coffee absorbs the water and releases its CO2 - this is called blooming.
- Stir the coffee
- Allow another 3 minutes brew time
- Press the plunger down and the coffee is ready to pour!